witf Public Media’s Transforming Health initiative is an in-depth exploration of health in Pennsylvania, focused on educating community on important topics like health insurance and disease prevention. But it also celebrates personal, community and workplace success stories about health transformation.
My role as Interactive Producer on this series:
- Designed interactive experiences and utilized online tools, including social media and the Public Insight Network, to engage community
- Managed branding, communications and marketing for the series
- Produced original multimedia content for TV, radio, and web, and wrote articles for Central PA Magazine
- Curated personal and expert blogs and user-generated content about health & wellness
- Produced the microsite, “Getting Covered,” to educate health-insurance seekers on their coverage options and the Affordable Care Act
The Transforming Health website received a 2014 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Website.
Below are some stills of the website.
Transforming Health Home Page:
Community Transformations section of the website:
The Success Stories Wall (A unique interactive tool to help the audience explore powerful personal stories):
The Health Toolkit (A web page that features custom icons that link to useful health-tracking tools and resources):
Getting Covered (A microsite designed to help insurance-seekers navigate their coverage options):
Transforming Health series promo
Transforming Health Website
- Categories →